LimeSurvey is a web-based interface for the creation and administration of online surveys. It offers strong support for research surveys and has a variety of options.
LimeSurvey uses a tiered (or "laddered") approach to survey structure, starting at the top tier and progressing into more detail with each new subsequent tier.
- The top tier is the general Survey tier, which you can use to create a new survey or choose an existing previous survey to view or modify.
- The second tier is for Question Groups, which are "containers" for questions. A survey must have at least one question group, but for long surveys with lots of questions you can use additional groups to make sorting and data collection easier. For example, you may have one group of questions pertaining to your topic while another group has questions related to survey-taker demographics such as age, department or affiliation, or number of years at UVM.
- The third tier is for the survey Questions that your respondents will answer.
- The last tier are the Question Details of a specific question.
- Branching logic
- Flexible question formats
- Anonymous or identified participants
- Multiple output formats and graphical displays for collected data