Your NetID username and password control your access to UVM's services and resources.
All University of Vermont affiliates have a NetID, a single username based on their first initial and last name. The NetID and corresponding password provide access to UVM’s wireless network, the UVM email and calendar system, the Application Status Page, the myUVM Portal, Blackboard and other UVM systems and services including computer labs across the campus. Use of most university computing resources requires this NetID. Since your NetID grants access to many privileged resources, your credentials should never be shared.
Students, faculty or staff affiliated with the College of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences, Grossman School of Business, and the Larner College of Medicine may also have additional network accounts specific to those programs.
Depending on your affiliation, your NetID can grant access to many services, such as:
- UVM's wireless network
- Email with virus protection and spam control
- UVM Directory
- Application Status Page
- myUVM Portal for course registration and financial information
- Blackboard online courses
- PeopleSoft for employee payroll information
- Private file storage on UVM's servers
- Web publishing to your own website
- Computer labs
- UVM-only web resources like site-licensed software